fredag, januari 08, 2010

Yolanda (the ghetto Jolene)

This goes out to my homie Ph D. Jag vet att du älskar den här låten. En dold juvel (pun!) på ett av de fetaste "soundtracken", Murder was the case.

Kan det vara det fetaste introt till en låt ever? Yes, jag tror det. Och en av de fetaste RnB-låtarna period. Något för mina Feskare på Sveriges bästa R&B-blogg ILUVRNB att slänga upp på en mp3 för sina läsare.

En ghettomotsvarighet till the classic "don't take my man"-anthem Jolene. Men till skillnad från Dolly Parton så går inte Jewell ned på knä för att böna och be sin antagonist att stay back, hon tar saken i egna händer för att chase away the hood rat.

Intro (fri lyricstolkning J. Bragd):

Hello... hello!
May I speak to Yolanda?
Yeah Yolanda what's up this is Jewell.
I know you know who I am cause I just star sixty-nined you back.
The reason you dialed my number, I don't know.
But ain't no man living here, this is my place, hoe!
So woman to woman I didn't think it wouldn't be anything more than fair than for me to call you back and let you know how I was feeling.
See, Yolanda, the truth is I don't give a damn about how you taking this.
Cause a real woman wouldn't be sitting up there trying to play on nobody's phone anyway.
But it really doesn't make any difference.
I felt it was only right for me to let you know that the man you in love with is sprung on the real bomb.
From the top of his head to the bottom of his feet.
I'm what he loves and he loves the food that he eats.
You see these rings on my fingers? Where's yours?
I got a brand new car, and you on the bus.
Yolanda, check this out:
Woman to woman, have you ever been in love?
I think you would know, how I feel...


Jewell - Woman to woman



Videon hittar ni här. Fun fact så spelas Yolanda i videon av grymma Regina King of Enemy of the State fame (en av de bästa filmerna ever...).

2 kommentarer:

PhD sa...

Thanks, Johnnie! Always a delight to hear the memories of the past... Calvin Broadus R.I.P.

Anonym sa...

TÖNG! Kanske slänger upp den någon dag. Förresten så är Regina King fett tight i Enemey of The State (fö också), alltid gillat henne!

LOL på videon "it's about the dogs that bark on their women"